The Technologies for Living Environment Cluster aims to develop technologies and solutions which impact mainly on two key aspects of the Italian and European societies and economies: increasing population aging and energy and safety in living environments.
Europe, just like other developed world regions, is undergoing a demographic transition bound to radically transform the way in which the living environments of our society are structured: houses, working environments, public environments. However, increasing population aging does not only imply challenges, but also opportunities for citizens, social and health systems, and industry and European market.
The Cluster action focuses on the development of knowledge, technological solutions, plants, buildings and highly innovative products that, according to Ambient Intelligence and Ambient Assisted Living schemes, make household services and public assistance services more accessible, with consequent increased control on the environments, greater energy efficiency and overall improvements in wellbeing at home.
Lines of development
- Domotics: promotion of the development of new knowledge, innovative technological solutions, plants, buildings and highly innovative products to improve accessibility, safety, energy sustainability and home comfort.
- Society aging: support to the development of innovative solutions to improve the quality of life and the cure of the elderly, through the development of new systems and services aimed at improving mobility, extension of active life and reduction of social isolation.
- Welfare and inclusion technologies: support to the inclusion of categories at risk and prevention of social discomfort, through the development of innovative ICT-based services and provision of solutions for people with disabilities.
Coordination and management body
- Trento RISE Association
- National Research Council (CNR)
- Tehnology Hub of Pordenone SCPA “Andrea Galvani”
- Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies
Organizational model: unrecognized Association
Regions involved institutionally
- Trentino Alto Adige