High Performance Manufacturing
The project is focused on machine tools with the aim to improve and optimize performance in economic, environmental and production terms: enhanced performances in terms of production quality and flexibility of use, reduction of waste and costs due to production inefficiencies, increased productivity without affecting quality, reducing consumption by improving energy efficiency of machines.
Lines of research
- Development and implementation of methodologies for the improvement of machines and processes.
- Machining centres and high-performance, low-cost components.
- Data fusion for the supervision of flexible systems.
- High performance in sheet metal deformation systems.
- Production systems for high-performance packaging.
- Performing solutions for additive manufacturing and for micro/nano systems, fabrication of customized lines for MEMS (Micro Electro-Mechanical Systems) devices testing.