Italy has a unique heritage in terms of tradition, culture, skills, image, design and high technology, representing the best environment for quality manufacturing of high value added products and services.
To be able to maintain a world leading position in the industrial context, achieve and maintain excellent performance over time in the Made in Italy sectors and the new strategic sectors of the future, it is of primary importance to innovate the Italian manufacturing sector by investing in its resources.
The Smart Factory Cluster will guide this major transformation in order to set up a stable manufacturing community which is able to share a clear strategic vision for the future and to improve the Italian competitiveness in obtaining international research and development funds.
C.F.I. intends to propose, develop and implement a strategy based on research and innovation with the aim to:
- Orient the transformation of the Italian manufacturing sector towards new products-services, processes and technologies able to exploit and develop successfully the unique Italian heritage of resources;
- Create a stable and more competitive national manufacturing community in the design, use and enhancement of research results;
- Align national and regional research policies with international ones to increase the chances of enterprises and Regions of obtaining European research funds.
Lines of development
- Implementation of applied research projects.
- Creation of opportunities of technology transfer, circulation and sharing of knowledge, networking.
- Contribution to the effective use of competences and equipment by sharing research infrastructures and workers’ mobility.
- Support and promotion of a smart and sustainable entrepreneurship, mainly based on research results.
- Support and facilitation of technological forecasting activities at regional, national and international level in the smart factory sector.
- Support to the growth of human capital.
Coordination and management body
- Marche Manufacturing Cluster Association (ACMM)
- Lombardy Intelligent Factory Association (AFIL)
- ASTER Soc. Cons. a r.l.
- Technology District for Integrated Intelligent Systems Liguria (SIIT)
- MEDIS Soc. Cons. a r.l. – Regional Mechatronics District of Apulia
- Mechatronics and Advanced Production Systems (MESAP)
- Veneto Nanotech SCpa
Organizational model: unrecognized Association
Regions involved institutionally
- Emilia Romagna