Directorate General for Research Coordination, Promotion and Valorization
The Directorate General for Research Coordination, Promotion and Valorisation is built around 8 non-general management offices and it carries out the functions
and duties pertaining to the Ministry in the following areas, as determined by Prime Ministerial Decree of 11 February 2014 No. 98 and Ministerial Decree of 26 September 2014 No. 753:
- promotion, programming, and coordination of research at national, European and international level;
- valorisation of young researchers? careers, their autonomy and their access to specific national and international funding programmes within the European Research Area;
- direction, supervision and control, general standardization and funding of non-instrumental research organizations;
- support to the preparation of the National Research Programme (NRP);
- promotion of research funded under national and EU funds;
- direction and support to space and aerospace research;
- preparation and implementation of national research programmes for research and high education being co-funded under structural funds and unused areas fund;
- national scientific cooperation in research;
- relationships with other Ministries and Regions with regard to research, thus ensuring coordination;
- promotion of science culture;
- care and management of the Single Fund for Scientific and Technological Research under Article 1, paragraph 870, of Law No. 296 of 27 December 2006, in compliance with provisions of the related regulation, as well as management of European Union structural funds;
- encouragement and facilitation of research in companies and other public and private entities and management of related funds;
- care of bilateral and multilateral international relationships with regard to scientific research and interuniversity cooperation as well as collaboration to defining bilateral protocols of scientific and technological cooperation;
- management of the relationships with international organizations related with the research system and care of the activities related with the activities for the identification and renewal of experts and scientific attach?s at the Italian diplomatic representations abroad;
- support to the performance of the functions and activities of the Expert Committee for research policies and of the National Committee of Research Authority.
The General Director currently in office is Vincenzo DI FELICE.
Organization of the offices
Comunicati della Direzione Generale
Il 14 marzo le gare tra scuole, apre l’evento la Ministra Fedeli
Una sfida a colpi di numeri e quiz matematici. Martedì 14 marzo sarà celebrato per la prima volta anche al Ministero...
Publication date 03/10/2017
“President Sergio Mattarella’s visit to China represents an important opportunity to strengthen bilateral relations in the fields of University, Science, Innovation and Space”, said the...
Publication date 02/23/2017
Carla Barbati, Professor of Administrative Law, is the new President of the Italian National University Council.
Publication date 02/16/2017
The Conference of Scientific Attachés 2017 opened on 9 January at Farnesina. The conference is attended by the topmost representatives of the world of research, academia, innovative companies and...
Publication date 01/10/2017
The handover ceremony between the former Minister of Education, University and Research, Stefania Giannini, and the new Minister, Valeria Fedeli, took place yesterday afternoon at MIUR.
Publication date 12/14/2016
Five million euro to develop and strengthen Contamination Labs (CLabs) in Italian universities. This is the budget of the call launched on 2 December 2016 on the website of the Ministry of Education, University...
Publication date 12/05/2016
Rome, 24 November 2016 – Press Release – The Italian Council of Ministers gave the go-ahead to the decree which streamlines the activities of the 21 Italian Public Research Bodies (Enti Pubblici...
Publication date 11/25/2016
On Tuesday 15 November Trieste hosted the “Research Day Italia-Slovenia”, an initiative promoted by the Minister of Education, University and Research, Stefania Giannini to encourage cooperation...
Publication date 11/21/2016
Gathering knowledge and developing experimental prototypes of models and tools on the theme of Finance and Social Impact is the objective of the call for proposals “Social Impact Finance &ndash...
Publication date 11/21/2016
Al via le misure per attrarre in Italia i vincitori dei bandi dell’European Research Council (ERC) e incentivare la partecipazione di ricercatori italiani a queste competizioni.
Publication date 10/28/2016
The new version of the MIUR portal dedicated to research, https://www.researchitaly.it/en, has been launched today. After three years of activity, the website, which is directed at the scientific community...
Publication date 10/20/2016